28 May 2013


If what you’re after is a New York style steak, then Goodman Steakhouse is the place to go. In all my years in London I have found it difficult to find any steakhouse to contend with Goodman, as it not only offers delicious steaks but it does so at moderate prices, as some steakhouses tend to get extremely expensive. On my latest visit to Goodman I went for an early dinner with my mother and brother, and we were all quite hungry, so when time came to order we knew exactly what we wanted. To start I had the Lobster Bisque, my mother ordered the Lobster Cocktail and my brother went for the Prawn Tempura. The Lobster Bisque with crème fraiche was creamy and delicious and the subtle hints of tarragon amused me all the way through. The lobster cocktail was also yummy and the prawn tempura, which was accompanied with a mango and Cajun mayonnaise was also quite good, but not as yummy and refreshing as the lobster cocktail.  For our main dishes we obviously all ordered steaks! My brother and I ordered the USDA 350g New York Sirloin, whereas my mother opted for the 250g Fillet. Both choices were excellent but the Sirloin is always my preferred cut (the fat on the edge gives the meat a lot more taste). Served medium-rare, it and was tender and juicy.  For our side dishes we ordered the honey glazed carrots, the truffle chips and the regular chips; all were exceptionally yummy. Dining in Goodman is always a pleasurable experience because the food is consistently excellent and the staff has got to be the friendliest in London. Thumbs up!





24-26 Maddox St, London W1S 1QH


Goodman on Urbanspoon