3 Mar 2013

FFIONA'S


I popped into Ffiona’s for a quick Sunday brunch bite whille I was on my way to Notting Hill. Ffiona's is a charming little restaurant tucked away in Kensington Church Street; nestled between antique shops and galleries making it ever more charismatic and adorable. Walking into the cozy restaurant I was personally greeted by Ffiona; and what a warm greeting it was. The dining room has a limited selection of seats with all the tables closely arranged together which under alternative circumstances would have been annoying but the close proximity of tables pleasantly complimented the rustic and homely vibe. The Pancakes came highly recommended and as such I ordered them and put them to the test. They do not look like the traditional pancakes you’d expect; in fact my initial reaction to seeing them made me wonder as to whether I had made the right decision in ordering them. After one bite all my suspicions were put to rest as the Pancakes were simply sublime. They were perfectly prepared and their unique texture proved to be quite refreshing and a change from the typical pancakes I am usually used to. The portion was generously sized at three pancakes and was served with bananas, butter and maple syrup. With an order of freshly squeezed orange juice on the side, this proved to be quite the perfect meal for brunch. Ffiona’s has grown to become a local favorite amongst the residents of Kensington and I can certainly see why. The superb food at a great value combined with Ffiona's irresistible charm and warm welcome have also made me a loyal customer out of me.





















































51 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 4BA

 

Ffiona's on Urbanspoon