3 Mar 2013

BYRON

Byron recently opened a new branch in Finchley Road, which is worryingly close to my home. For the occasion of their opening week, flyers were delivered to my building with an offer of free burgers when signing up online. This was on a first come, first served basis, so my friend who found them by the main entrance made sure to hide all the flyers so we wouldn't have to compete with the neighbours for free food. I usually have the cheeseburger with Byron sauce on the side, but decided to go for the newly reinstated Chilli burger. This was delicious, and not too spicy. This burger was their most popular limited edition menu item ever, and it therefore became a fixed part of the menu. Two days later I went again, and signed up for another free burger under a fake name. I arrived without make-up, hoping that the staff wouldn't recognise me, but in the end I chickened out and paid for my meal. I have already become a regular at this Byron, and never miss out on their delicious sides. The olives are unusually fresh, the huge milkshakes never disappoint and the French fries are almost as good as they come, thin and crisp.The macaroni cheese is also good, but should be kept in the oven for a bit longer so that the top part would be more crispy. We are big fans of Byron at Food Grid, and it will surely be featured on this blog again in the future.




O2 Centre, 255 Finchley Road, London NW3 6LU