24 Mar 2013

BONE DADDIES

Bone Daddies Rock n Roll Ramen Bar serves huge bowls of deliciousness in a small venue in Soho. Created by Ross Shonhan, former head-chef at Zuma and Nobu, this restaurant serves authentic ramen. I arrived with a group of four in the evening on a weekday, and obviously had to queue in the cold. I didn’t mind though, as the chef came outside and served free Sake. This definitely helped my first impression and my hanger, although we did eventually give the guests by the windows mean looks for still sitting there when their plates and glasses were empty. We were seated after half an hour, ironically by the window bar, meaning we had to suffer angry stares from the queue throughout our meal. Each table is set with some very likeable details, such as a glass of garlic cloves and a garlic press, and elastics to get your hair out of the way when you’re eating soup. The crowd is young, and I liked the ambiance set by the loud 60s and 70s rock music, but it makes Bone Daddies less than ideal if you’ve come to make conversation. We started with the Soft Shell Crab with chili and ginger sauce that had a good amount of crabmeat, not only deep-fried shell and batter. I went for the T22 as my main, which contains soy ramen, chicken and cock scratchings. I was amazed by the amount of different flavours and textures! And they didn’t melt together or dissolve with time. My companions were also very impressed with their dishes. The only thing I wasn’t satisfied with was the cocktail list. I tried the Maiken-Me and it was very sweet, and the rest of the cocktail list seemed to be too. The restaurant lacks a cool selection of drinks to go with its menu, so next time I will stick to the Sake that we begun with in the queue. I loved Bone Daddies both for the service and care that went into little details, and simply for the exciting tastes of the food.








31 Peter Street, Soho, London W1F 0AR

Bone Daddies on Urbanspoon