21 Mar 2013


Thai Aubergine has become a regular spot during my lunch breaks throughout the week, as it has proven to be authentic, consistent, and cheap, plus it’s really close to my office. The restaurant is located on Kings Cross Road just south of the station; the dining room is small but is always flooded with natural sunlight so you never feel claustrophobic. In all the times that I have been I either opt for the Prawn Pad Thai or the Nasi Goreng which is stir fried rice served with mixed vegetables, roasted chili paste and dark soy sauce. It comes served with either a choice of prawn, pork or beef; I usually go for the prawn. Both options are generously portioned and have always been good. The Pad Thai has a little bit too much lemon and the Nasi Goreng is a bit too spicy but nonetheless yummy. Annoying, however are the stingy servings of prawn in each of the dishes, which could each use a more generous helping. Overall Thai Aubergine is a good stop for a quick budget lunch if ever in the area, but I wouldn’t go as far as making a trip all the way to Kings Cross just to eat there. 



























109 Kings Cross Road, London WC1X 9LR