17 Feb 2013

TARTINE

Tartine is one of those restaurants that have never become a destination, but nevertheless I usually pop in for a bite whenever I am on Walton Street. This is not to say that it’s not worth a visit but I would never go out of my way to head over there. Not because it’s horrible; in fact the food is very decent but it isn’t memorable and I tend to forget about it unless I pass by it. Additionally, whenever I can’t find a booking at restaurants nearby; it’s always a reliable ally in that I can always find a table. On my last visit I ordered the Chicken Provencal which came with a rocket and cherry tomato salad on top. It was decent, but the chicken was a bit dry although the citrus infused salad provided a nice refreshing squeeze which compensated for the chicken. The flavor was acceptable but did not trigger any sirens or make me want more. My friend had ordered the Spaghettini with crab, chili and tomato, which also was adequate; a bit too much chili for my liking from what I’ve tasted. The surplus of chili made it almost impossible to distinguish the flavour the crab, but it did not taste bad. Tartine is not ‘go to’ restaurant, however next time when you are and in the neighbourhood without a reservation; stop by. 






























114 Draycott Avenue, London SW3 3A


Tartine on Urbanspoon