9 Dec 2013

BYRON

London, UK

Whenever in doubt or out of options as to where to eat, Byron usually comes as a safe bet; it’s reliable without needing reservations, it’s consistent in delivering to expectations and it is very tasty and filling. My latest Byron spree was last month when Byron was serving their November monthly special, the ‘Mo’Shroom’ in honor of Movember. It was late afternoon and my friend and I had just finished watching the latest Hunger Games (a must see if you haven’t already done so), and we were walking around for two hours. As a result we were very hungry and wasted no time by contemplating what to order. My friend opted for her classic order of the Byron burger, whereas I decided to try the Mo’Shroom burger. We both ordered French fries, a coke each and shared an Oreo Milkshake. The food arrived quite swiftly and we immediately dug into our burgers, so quickly that we forgot about our fries and shake till the end. The Mo’Shroom is best described as an upgraded rendition of a classic cheeseburger. The burger is a 6oz hamburger served with sliced Portobello mushrooms, Swiss cheese, Emmental cheese, crispy bacon, shredded iceberg lettuce, red onion and cep aioli; I ordered my burger sans bacon. The burger was very good, though a bit too heavy on the cheese side with the two types of cheese. The burger patties were expectedly well cooked and the aioli and lettuce provided a refreshing taste and crunch to the overall experience. It was a very predictable and solidly good burger but didn’t manage to leave a lasting impression. The Byron burger my friend had was its usual excellent quality with a good taste. Byron is definitely a favorite in that it never disappoints, however it never manages to excite or thrill my palate. Still, I would definitely recommend it as a dependable and reasonably priced institution.


































93- 95 Old Brompton Road, London, SW7 3LD



Byron on Urbanspoon