24 Feb 2013

XO

XO is an Asian fusion restaurant in North London by the team that owns hot spots such as La Bodega Negra and The Box. I went for an early dinner on a Sunday evening, as they were fully booked in the peak hours of eating. I had heard that everything is 40 % off on Sunday, which holds a probable explanation to its popularity. Their menu is rather short, but the selection is enticing. I sampled a few small dishes, such as the prawn har gau, Rock Shrimp and JalapeƱo tempura maki and the Baby Pork Spare Ribs. The spare ribs were very tasty, with a generous serving of black bean sauce. They are possibly the best Chinese spare ribs I’ve ever come across. When the bill arrived, the discount had not been deducted, so we stingily asked the waiter to return with a revised and cheaper bill. So it turns out you only get a discount if you’re willing to degrade yourself slightly. My friend stated that it was the best meal she ever had, but she says that quite often, so I wouldn’t read too much into it. Overall I was pleased, the food and the ambiance was likeable. I will likely return to XO, and maybe try their outdoor street side seating in the summer. 













29 Belsize Lane, London NW3 5AS
 
 
Xo on Urbanspoon